..that
realities are made possible. When words can form, when dreams can take a flight, when miracles can happen. This blog and its content comes from a place within me which is one such miracle.. I hope you will like my work and it'll help you smile. :) Welcome..

Sunday 29 July 2012

The 'S' in Sufi..


 He bowled me over 
Not withstanding
the shackles of
the reckless mind
I gave myself totally
fell into the profundity
and never came back
His forty rules took care of me
and never let me go
astray
encouraging me to look within
and find myself
"A good man complains of no one;
he does not look to faults", he says.
Breaking the 'I' bit by bit
my soul wants 
to be engulfed
and enamored 
more and more
Taking my first step 
to the inward journey
towards becoming whole..


~ Dedicated to Shams of Tabriz, His words and His beautiful companionship to the greatest Sufi poet of all times - Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Rūmī  popularly known as 'Rumi'. 
I don't know whether I'll end up becoming a Sufi, but yes this book "The Forty Rules of Love by Elif Shafak, definitely introduced me with the 'S' in the word Sufi. I from all my heart thank my friend Ankur for lending me this book and helping in opening new vistas for me. :) This book was not only a brilliant read but as my poem suggests, helps you to take that first step towards your beautiful within. And its not like the dreary books which tell to "Self Inquire".. Like its apparent, it brings out  the poet in you..your most beautiful self! :')




No comments:

Post a Comment